Saturday 24 September 2016

Makeup Revolution Iconic 3 palette

I think everyone has the one thing they look forward to when they do makeup. Mine is eye makeup. I asked for this palette as an Eid present since I had 2 Makeup Revolution single eyeshadows which I loved so it would be great to have an eyeshadow palette with the same quality (that's what I thought anyway). This palette has 12 shades and said to be a dupe of the Urban Decay Naked 3 palette. I can't comment on the quality because I don't own both palettes but from comparing pictures, the shades are very similar. They are even in the same order.



My opinion- Not a fan. I had such high hope since I loved the single shadows so much but this didn't reach my expectations. The mattes are chalky and the shimmers are like chunky glitters. But then again for the price of £4 maybe my expectations were too high. They swatched ok on my arm but when applied to my eye they didn't blend properly and there was SO MUCH fall out (hence my messy palette). I've tried this with and without primer and also tried spraying my brush with setting spray but I just can't make it work. As you can see, the paler shades are patchy but the overall pigmentation of the shadows are ok but some shades don't show up on my brown skin.



When I'm really unhappy with a product, I email the company to let them know. This way it might help them make improvements in their products. Normally I will get a nice response back and some companies have offered me refunds. However, I wouldn't say this about the response I got from TAM beauty (which owns makeup revolution, I think, or something like that).


The reply seems so informal and gives me the impression they don't care. They didn't address me and there isn't even any full stops, but well done on the '-'. I feel like the might as well emailed me 'soz can't do anything now you used it'.

Pros:

  • cheap
  • nice range of colours
Cons:
  • chalky mattes
  • chunky shimmers
  • hard to blend
  • wear off after a few hours, with or without primer
  • no mirror
  • comes with sponge applicator which hardly anyone uses
  • not that pigmented
  • strong talc smell


Anyway, no surprises I wouldn't buy this again and wouldn't recommend this to anyone. I'm really hoping I got a dodgy palette because how can the single shadows be so good but the palette is bad??? 

No comments:

Post a Comment