Wednesday 28 September 2016

Starting university

So tomorrow I'll be starting university. I'm kinda nervous but also excited. No one in my family has gone to uni so I feel like this is a big deal. Honestly, I've been bored at home and since I have no job either, I don't really have anything to do. Hence why I started this blog. I have been applying for jobs but haven't been successful yet. I heard yesterday that the place I did Christmas temp work at is hiring so I might take another shot their.

Anyway, back to university. I'm one those people who don't like massive changes but I am working on it. I'm trying to look at this as way to experience new things and that I'm closer to becoming a dietitian (I'm studying dietetics and nutrition at London Metropolitan). I'm actually commuting to uni instead of living there. To be honest, I live about 40 mins away and If I can save money to spend on other things like driving lessons or travelling, I'd rather do that. I only have to go in 3 times a week so hopefully it won't be that bad and the public transport in London is pretty good. What I worry the most about uni is being in the right rooms for my lectures and stuff, I hate being late and then having to draw attention when I enter. It makes me cringe so bad.

Like I said, no one in my family has gone to uni before so I have little idea what to expect. I couldn't really find anything online so I'm planning to blog more about uni for other muslim girls like me. 

I HATED A levels so much, they were the worst 2 years of my life so I'm glad that thy are over. Those 2 years really took out the motivation I had during GCSE's and I'm hoping uni will restore it. I might write a post about my sixth form experience. Anyway, I'm extremely lucky to be on the course I want to be even with lower grades than they wanted so as soon as I step foot in the uni, I rally need to get my act together.

Enjoy the rest of your day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment