Friday 2 September 2016

Rire lip powder in sugar rose

Today, I'm going to be reviewing the RiRe lip powder. This is a pigmented powder that melts to a liquid on contact with your lips and dries to a matte finish. I have the shade sugar rose. I bought mine from ebay for £6.10 from the seller f2plus1.


Packaging- Comes in a sleek box that has the shade displayed on top. Cute and small with a secure lid. The inside is designed to make the application less messy and it has a typical lip gloss applicator. The lid is secure and i would say it is good for travelling. As you can see it's a powder but in the swatch lower down you can see it's a liquid.


Swatch- the quality of my photos are TERRIBLE but if you're interested here's a swatch of the shade sugar rose. I would say it's a coral-pink colour. Just a note, the colour is warmer than it is in the picture.

Sugar rose
My thoughts- I really like it! It's cool and unique as you can see it transform into a liquid from a powder before your eyes. The colour isn't too bright but is buildable to give a brighter shade. The application can be slightly patchy but can be smoothed out for an even finish. i don't mind the applicator attached to the lid but it is a bit short and I have seen a few youtubers complain about this. It's slightly sticky when you first apply it but once it has dried, it gives a nice matte finish that isn't drying (even on my lips which are as dry as the Sahara desert). It lasts for a good few hours but I wouldn't call it long lasing (the product doesn't claim to be anyway).

PROS
  • buildable 
  • matte but not drying
  • fun and unique
  • travel friendly
  • transfer-proof
CONS
  • slightly patchy
  • short applicator
Overall, I would recommend this product to others and I am happy with my purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment