Friday 16 September 2016

Tony moly I'm real seaweed sheet mask

To be honest, I have a slight obsession with face masks. Sheet, clay, peeling any and all types. My love for kpop eventually led me to look more into Korean cosmetics and these sheet masks were the first things I tried. I've tried the tea tree one first but today I will be reviewing the purifying seaweed one.

 If you are not familiar with sheet masks, they are basically cotton or gel sheets soaked in essense that you apply to your face. The back of this one shows you picture instructions of the application process.

Ingredients- If you zoom in on the picture below I think you can *just* about make out the ingredients. But the main thing I want to say is that it's alcohol free, yay! As a muslim I don't really like using products with alcohol and I try to avoid it if I can, especially since I have sensitive skin too.

My opinion- The sheet mask itself is very saturated in the essence and there is plenty extra which I apply over the rest of my body. The sheet mask however is very delicate and it is very likely you could rip it. The fit also isn't the best since eye holes don't rest properly on my face and the mouth hole is too small. But, once I apply it to my face it feel so cool and refreshing, it instantly feels better. The instructions say leave for 20-30 mins and then pat in the remaining essence but honestly, I leave on my face till the sheet is dry. Sheet masks are gentle compared to other masks so you can get away with wearing them longer. The mask does leave a slight sticky feeling on the face, hence why I only use this sheet mask at night. The next morning it is still sticky but this is gone when I wash my face. THIS is when you see the results. My skin is much smoother since tiny bumps on my face are gone, red spots are reduced in size and redness and overall my face feels cleaner and brighter.

Pros:
  • Affordable
  • Nice smell
  • Well saturated with plenty of extra essence
  •  Alcohol free
  • Feels cool and refreshing
  • Face feels smoother
Cons:
  • Leaves sticky feeling
  • Delicate sheet mask that could easily rip
  • Sheet mask doesn't fit well
Overall, I would but this product again (I already have) and I would recommend it to others.



No comments:

Post a Comment